2021 - A Quick Year In Review

Boy, was I not ready to go back to work fulltime. Aside from the annoying ever-changing mandates and 24hr businesses suddenly switching to 12hr working days, the time spent away from work was amazing. I mean, I was still working during this time but a few days a week were remote and that truly helped me cope with the transition. This year, we moved, again. We've lived in Silicon Valley for the past 5 years and have moved a total of 4 TIMES!?! Mainly due to the ever increasing cost of housing in this area. I frequently use craigslist to find a good deal for apartments because places offer first month discounts. We're in a nice, quiet townhouse where everyone has their own bathroom and we have a in-home washer/dryer. The only complaint I have are the stairs....I hate stairs!! Yes, the former athelete hates stairs. My husband says to think about it as built-in exercise equipment but Lord, our next spot has to be 1 story open concept, hopefully our next spot is our last spot... In the summer, we started a drop-shipping clothing company that had a few sales. Mainly from friends and family but also from people who found us through social media. Jonathan was responsible for much of the designs. My efforts for the business quickly wavered because we were in the middle of moving and we also found out that we were pregnant. The business is still active but in the future we may change the direction of the website, only time will tell... Amara ran in her first track meet on a team. She did so well. She came 3rd overall in the 200 meter AAU western division for 6 year olds (even though she was only 5 at the time).
We also made the decision to enroll her into school online for this school year. With Covid and the variants, we thought it would be safer to keep her at home. She's been thriving. I decided not to make any New Year resolutions the 2022 year. Everything is just too unpredictable so I'll just be going with the flow. This pregnancy, I decided not to find out the gender, heck, I didn't even want a baby shower, but we have some great friends who threw us one anyway. Im due February but baby can come at any time.
I hope everyone has a great 2022 and beyond. I promise I'll write more =)...maybe....
People we lost in 2021: John Smith (1923-2021)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 Wrap Up

N̶o̶t̶ Home For The Holidays