Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Boring day

So a lot of things happened since last I post. I decided to give grad school a shot, I have a interview with the school I want to go to April 8th. It was a extremely stressful period leading up to sending my application off. I had spent countless hours studying for the gre, I was basically at the mercy of those whom I requested a letter of recommendation from and I had to find extra money that I didn't have. I got started sending out my requests for lors early but correspondence between myself and my letter writers had felt at a stand still, I became extremely nervous when the deadline was approaching and I had yet to receive anything from one professor. The studying for gre wasn't too bad, all-in-all it broadened my vocabulary and i figured out the tricks you could use when attacking a standardized test. But I made a huge mistake during the test, it was in the beginning section and I had skimmed and planned to return to 6 unsolved problems, but when I got to the end of the section I pressed the wrong button and was not able to go back and answer them. I was livid!!  Those questions were the ones that could have helped raise my score, I couldn't help but feel like I had wasted my time and money, money that I didn't have at the time. The cost cost $185 and the application fees to the schools were $75 and each mailed off app cost $20. I plan to take the gre again in the future, I found out on the ets website that there forms for those that qualify to take the test at a reduced price, so that's good news.
So in April we're making a family trip, everyone is going down to la fun while Im going down to try and open a new chapter in my life.

I always plan to blog a lot more but I like to keep a lot of things to myself. I do need a jobthough, lol I feel like I've blogged about this topic before but it just seems to be a recurring factor  :-) Just something until the summer, I guess I go out and look for it now. Tootles 

No comments:

Post a Comment